Looking for exciting activities to keep you and your friends entertained during your overly anticipated girl's trip?
Well, you’re in luck. Marshall, MN, is the perfect destination for any girl's getaway! Small-town charm, packed full of things to do!
Below you’ll find our top tips to plan and execute a killer girls weekend in Marshall, MN!
Planning a Girlfriends Getaway in Marshall, MN
Planning is arguably the most essential part of gearing up for a girl's getaway, and being the one tasked with planning a trip can be stressful. When building your itinerary, keep these things in mind to ensure everyone stays happy and gets the most out of their time and money!
- Consider what your friends like to do together! Is this a trip to explore the state and immerse yourselves in its outdoor activities, or is this a “shake off the work-week” and let loose kind of trip? If your trip is a celebration or event, consider the theme when planning what activities you’ll be doing!
- Select a handful of activity options and present them to your group! Let everyone vote and collectively choose what’s important to fit into the trip.
- Budget! Make sure each person agrees on how much money they are willing to spend for the entire trip, and check-in with everyone before booking hotels, rental cars, and activities.
Packing Pro Tips!
Add these things to your packing list to ensure everyone is well-fed and the fun keeps flowing!
- Snacks to take on the go and for late-night munching
- Drinks to keep hydrated for the trails or long nights out
- Funny card games to lighten the mood and kick-start the night
- Matching shirts or accessories if your girl's weekend is a celebration or has a theme
- Mini Polaroid cameras to easily document and share memories
- Eye and face masks to help you relax and bounce back after a long weekend
- Headache medication and lots of water, well, because you know why
Where to Stay in Marshall, MN?
There are several hotels in and around the Marshall area! Most of which offer on-site dining, pools, and gyms to accommodate every person in your party! If your group is more outdoorsy, you can always opt to spend your trip at a campground!
Getting Around Marshall
Once you settle into your stay, you’ll need to figure out what type of transportation best suits your plans. Marshall offers a variety of options from Taxi Service to Bike Share, so whether you’ll immersing yourself in art or getting boozy at different bars, you can stay safe and make the most of your experience!
Things to do in Marshall!
From seasonal events to everyday outings, we’ve got you covered on the best local things to do while exploring or drinking your way through Marshall's downtown.
Here are a few of our top picks:
- Bagels & Brew - Grab the girls and stop in before hitting the shops for a coffee and a bite to eat! With breakfast and lunch options available, this will quickly become a daily stop on your itinerary!
- The Gym Sports Bar & Grill - The ultimate place to let loose and relax! The Gym offers outdoor and indoor seating with an extensive menu of bar-style foods, a full bar, mini-golf, go-carting, and much more!
- Brau Brothers Brewery - Marshall’s own microbrewery is a must-stop for all your craft beer needs! Take the girls out for a tasting or check their website for upcoming events and live performances!
- "Made in Minnesota Craft Beer Festival” - Educate yourself on Minnesota’s craft beers while enjoying samplings from all across the state!
- Shop your way through Marshall’s local boutiques! - Spend a day strolling through downtown! Stop into Nessa’s Naturals and stock up for spa night or bring home a piece of small-town charm from Nettie’s home decor store!
- Camden Hiking Trails - Hit the trails and explore wildlife at Camden Hiking Trails.
- Marshall History Walking Tour - Immerse yourself in Marshall’s history and enjoy a walking tour around the city.
Marshall MN Events
Monthly events are held continuously throughout all seasons and holidays, from Fall Craft & Vendor Shows to the Brau Brothers Beer Pairing Dinner; there’s always something going down for you and your girls to get into!
Check here for more information on monthly events and exciting experiences to expect during your trip.
We’ve pulled all the stops to set you up for a fun-filled trip, no matter what your interests! So, whether you're bouncing around breweries or bird watching, make sure to stay safe and soak in all Marshall has to offer!