Summer at Camden
Camden State Park is a fabulous MN State Park, offering up tons of different things to do each season. Here are our top activities to enjoy this summer at Camden!
- Go Fishing for Trout in the Redwood River: Before hitting the river, rent a Fishing Kit from the main office - it includes a rod, reel, and a fully stocked tackle box!
- Take a dip in the Swimming Pond: Built in 1935 the spring-fed pool has a beautiful sand beach that is perfect to set-up a picnic.
- Mountain bike Trails: Hop on your bike to pedal through over 4.25 miles of trails through Camden.
- Hike 15 miles of trails: From creek following trails, to prairie field paths and river overlooks - there is a trail for any level of hiker.
- Spend the night at the Campground: Plan ahead and book one of 80+ camping sites, half of those being electric sites!
- Print off the bird Checklist and see what you can find! Those of all ages will enjoy the adventure of spotting all kinds of warblers, thrush, and flycatchers among many others! http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/destinations/state_parks/camden/bird_checklist.pdf
Plan your trip to Camden State Park, and get ready to Cultivate the Best Experience!